My most asked questions on the WEDDING DAY VLOG was about outfit and accessory details which made me super happy since I put so much thought & heart into each and every detail!
This post is going to be dedicated strictly to what me, my girls and my groom wore on March 1, 2020!
If you are looking for other wedding day details please make sure to check out my other blog posts! I tried my best to link everything! <3
Let's get started:
• Pink satin robes
- customized with their initial on the front & "bridesmaid" / "made of honor" on the back
MOTHER OF THE BRIDE
• Floral satin robe
- customized with "Mother of the Bride" on the back
• White silk robe
- option is not available on site, I personally requested the design (if you send her a message asking for the 'Mariah' robe she will know what you are referring to)
- super high quality robe
• Bridal Lingerie
- I was blown away by how affordable this lingerie set was! I got the style Kimmy Push Up
- great quality & unique
• Lace Garter
- Although you can buy so many stunning garters online, I wanted to keep with the tradition of it being made from the original wedding dress. So I got two (one for me to keep for memories & one for the garter toss) custom made from the pieces that were cut from my dress
THE RING BEARER
• Chai's puppy Tux!
- One of my favorite little touches was our puppy's tux that was custom made to match all of the groomsmen!
- If you watched our WEDDING VLOG PART 1 or our FULL CEREMONY then you may have noticed that he stumbled while bringing the rings to us - this was not from him being distracted but because the harness wasn't put on correctly. It's super easy to do - just make sure you fit it to your pup prior to the big day so you know it's done right! <3
• Champagne Satin Cowl Neck dresses
- They sold out so quickly after I bought them so I can't link the exact dress but I found similar ones on lulus, prettylittlething, showpo, Windsor, and I'll link more as I find them. If you search the keywords listed above you will have better luck finding them!
- I wanted to keep the colors of the wedding white with green from the florals and hints of gold details so the champagne colored dresses did just the job!
- Since the girls were flying across the world for me I wanted to keep the dresses super affordable. They were only $30!
- Both earrings and bracelet was from the same place
- I have SO many jewelry pieces from them - love the quality for price!
- The earrings are no longer available :( but the bracelet currently is! The Elena Coordinate bracelet is so special to me, I got it customized to have our wedding venue coordinates on it as a little memento that my girls flew all the way to South Africa from Florida to stand by my side on my special day. <3
- To keep it simple, I asked the girls to wear either clear or nude shoes - they all went with clear and I LOVED how it looked! They all spent between $20-$30 on the shoes.
- Here are some sites they shopped at: Nasty Gal, Lulus, ShowPo, Public Desire, Fashion Nova, Windsor- there are SO many online stores that sell clear heels these days!
• The Wedding Dress
** Check out my recommended wedding dress boutiques in Florida blog post!
- The dress is called Tuscany Lynette by Maggie Sottero. There are several Tuscany dresses in her line that look similar but have slightly different cuts so I've linked the exact one.
- I got mine tailored very fitting, as you'll notice some of the other styles fall straight down or can be fitted to any body type.
- It comes in three color options - all ivory, ivory/blush, ivory/nude and ivory/mauve. I went with IVORY/NUDE. This option looks the same as the ALL IVORY the only difference is the corset area is sheer (so you can see your skin color through it) verses having fabric from the waist up.
- When shopping for a wedding shoe I had a few criteria's: short (since I didn't want to be taller than my groom & so I could be comfortable), affordable, minimal (since the dress had so much going on) and something that I would wear again.
- For that reason I went with a super comfortable, basic white midi heel.
- I originally found what I was looking for at Nordstrom for around $120 which wasn't bad BUT I knew I could find it WAY more affordable.
- A couple weeks later I found the same style shoe on all the sites I mentioned above BUT they were always sold out of my size; eventually I found my size on Miss Lola for $38!!
* I can't find the exact shoe now but if you search white midi heel you'll find so many variations - especially in Summer!
- I borrowed earrings from my (new) Mother-in-Law since she owns a jewelry store. I went with simple string of diamonds since I already felt with the dress and me being all glammed up, that got enough attention.
- I also got my engagement ring and wedding band from the same place! My husband designed my engagement ring and I got to design my wedding band. I was SO fun and made it feel even MORE special! Aviva from Cape Diamond Exchange is the BEST at what she does!
* Check out my wedding highlight to see the process!
Definitely will need to update these photos soon hehe
• The Groom's Suit
- We got his suit here in Cape Town from an awesome company called ZED Menswear. They were so cool and so helpful!
- Gal went with a suit instead of a tux but wanted the material to by slightly shiny so it looked more formal.
- We went back and forth with whether to go with a tie or bow tie and since we wanted the formal tux look he went with the bow tie. I LOVED IT! HE LOOKED SO HANDSOME!
- He was going for a stylish, classy and timeless look and I think he pulled it off perfect!
* We really wanted to be as timeless and classy with everything from what we wore to the decor!
- If you watched the wedding video then you probably noticed how the shoes were mentioned as kind of a big deal - this is because Gal doesn't usually ever spend this much on himself. He actually originally went with a basic pair of dress shoes that were around $100 but one of Gal's best friends (who is also super great at styling) told Gal he would not let him get married in those (jokingly of course).
- So he talked Gal into splurging and getting Gucci slides which I though looked so suave and up stat. I was so happy he spoiled himself and now that he wears them most days to work he gets a to re-live little moments of our special day! <3
I think I've covered it all! I hope you guys found this useful!
If you have any other wedding questions please feel free to reach out to me through email or Instagram DM's! I always do my best to respond within 24-48 hours! <3
Also make sure to check out my other BRIDAL BLOG POSTS as they may answer some of your questions!